Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Poll

I just wanted to take a minute and explain why I put the poll up on my blog. Yes, we are considering the possibility of Prof getting a motorcycle. One, of the main reasons we are considering it is because it would be so nice if we had another means of transportation, so that I would not have to wake up at the crack of dawn to take Prof to work on the days I need the car. The purchase of another car is not a possibility at this point. I am sure that everyone reading my blog knows that when I decided to stay home with the kids we took a huge pay cut and we thank God everyday for providing for our needs, since in the world's eyes there is no possible way we should be able to live on what Prof makes at the seminary. So, another car is not in the budget right now. So, a motorcycle just seems to be the most logical way for us to add to our means of transportation.

I put the poll up to see what you guys thought. Please know that the poll in no way will affect the decision we make. I was just curious.

Also, for those wondering. I am not totally thrilled with the idea, but I see how it would help us out some. I know that motorcycles have a bad reputation, but I also think that in most cases it is the driver that is the problem. I have thought a lot about the fact that Prof could be in a motorcycle accident, however I have had several people in my life lose loved ones in a car accident, and we still own a car. So, I don't think the accident argument is a valid one. And, trust me, I have thought about it. I will tell you that if we get one, my prayer life for Prof will grow tremendously, but that is not a bad thing.

So, that is a little bit about the poll. I would love to know what everyone thinks.

2 comments:

BB said...

i think you pray and seek the Lord and say thanks for whatever He provides...whether it's a car or motorcycle. lee is wise and careful, too. all you have to do is pray for him and follow his lead!

Brittany said...

It is so funny that you say this because we have been contemplating the very same thing! Though I believe the weather up here influenced our decision not to get a motorcycle...:(