Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
It has been a beautiful day here and so Johnathan has lived outside today. I love days like today. He is able to get his energy out and I am able to attempt to get some things done. He colored a person on the sidewalk with chalk and chased a few giants away with some sticks he has found and claimed as his own. He also has enjoyed be able to ride his bike and scooter whenever he wanted to today. I love days like today!
I spent a good portion of my day looking for a picture I never found, that I am almost positive now, never existed. Anyway, going through the pictures was fun. Most of them were of Johnathan as a baby. He looked at a lot of them with me. We had fun. He asked who the baby was in every picture. Everytime I said, "That is you, Johnathan." He kept asking though. I guess he thought we didn't have that many pictures of him. The cutest was how excited he got once I told him the baby was him. One time he said, "Oh that is so sweet mommy."
I was somewhat productive today. I caught up on some emails, picked up around the house, worked on some things for my party on Saturday and cleaned the kitchen. I think I am even going to cook super tonight. However, I also think I have made myself be productive out of sheer desire to try to not think about tonight. Yes, tonight is a big night for me. I have become very addicted to Grey's Anantomy and Meredith is now like family to me, well they all are. If I think about the fact she may be dead I get sad. That is sad, isn't it? Don't tell me. Just let me think I am normal. However, Junebug has assured me that she has forbid Mereddith to die, so I think I may be okay. Just know that if she dies, I will most definitely be crying and I may need some therapy. I will let you know how I am after the show.
That is my day!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Now, Junebug, I have lots to say about Rob Lowe and Sally Fields. In fact, I posted it on the side column on Sunday and it stayed there until today. I guess you missed it. Oh well. I do think Sally Fields is a wonderful crier. I love watching anything she is in. I also love watching Rob Lowe, but not necessarily because he is a great actor, he just really hot! And, yes I can still say that even though I am very happily married. I did however miss Sunday night's episode, because the person I am so happily married too had a HUGE paper due and I got sucked into helping. Such is life as an eternal student's wife. No telling what he is going to have me doing when he teaching too.
Anyway, thats the low down on the chat box. I will notify everyone when it is back up again. Goodnight!
Johnathan: Is Christmas coming?
Me: Well, no, christmas will not be here for a while. But, Tori's birthday is coming in April.
Johnathan: Oh. And then it is my birthday?
Me: Yes, your birthday will come in August, after sister's birthday.
Johnathan: Oh, then I will be the baby?
Me: No, Johnathan sister will always be the baby. She will always be younger than you and you will always be older than her.
Johnathan (after a little thought): Oh, and then one day I will be older than you?
Me (thinking, "wow, we are having a wonderful conversation): Well, no Johnathan. See, I will always be older than you and you will always be older then sister and daddy will always be older than me. But, one day you can be my age, I will just be older too.
Johnathan: Oh, and then you will be a tree?
Me: What? Did you just say I am going to be a tree?
Johnathan: Yes! You will be the monkey in the tree.
Me: Oh! Wow. So I get to be the monkey in the tree?
Johnathan: Yes. And, you will will eat bananas.
Me (giving up on the whole thing): Oh ok.
He went on to tell me that he was going to be a girl when he was older (we are still working on the fact that he can never be a girl) and that our house was ugly because we have a cow living in it.
As much as I want him to get to the point where we can have "normal" conversations, I am loving the conversations we have right now, even if they are extremely off the wall. Johnathan brings one of the biggests blessings to our home...laughter!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
This was Johnathan's 1st pose for the camera - he is so goofy!
Here is another goofy face by Johnathan. Not sure what he is thinking. But if you ask me, Tori looks very confused. I think she is wondering how she ended up being the little sister of this wild boy.
Okay, so this one makes me laugh really hard. See this one was planned out. What you can not see, or atleast you can not see it well, is that there is a money flashlight and a dog flashlight sitting next to Johnathan on the sleeping bag. Johnathan really wanted to document his play date with the flashlights. He said, "Hey, how about we take a picture of me and the dog and the monkey together on the blanket." So, we did.
The other thing that makes me laugh is the fact that it looks like Tori is trying to run away. Don't worry if I were Tori I would have tried to run too!
This was the last one Johnathan posed for. He said (word for word), "Mommy, how about let's take a picture of me in the basket with this book." So we did. HAHAHA. He makes me laugh so much.
My life would be so boring without Johnathan!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
- i have learned how to carry about 10 bags, 3 cups, my purse, and baby all in one trip
- i have learned where everything is in walmart to insure that i do not have to stay there long when there with both kids
- i have learned how to have a conversation with someone on the phone while both kids are crying
- i have learned how to take a 5 minute shower when i do not have time and how to take an hour shower when i need some alone time
- i have learned how to truly enjoy the a quiet house
- i have learned how to be a apart of johnathan's pretend world, even when i don't want to be.
- i have learned that babysitters are the best thing in the whole world
- i have learned that kids are the most wonderful blessing i could ever have
- i have learned that time goes by way to fast
- i have learned how to say, "it seems like yesterday..." like a real grown up
- i have learned things that used to take me 10 minutes to do now take an hour
- i have learned why my mom made do chores when i was little - and btw i still hate it!
- i have learned that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday really is a good thing
- i have learned that if the weather is not good for outside playtime, it is going to be a bad day
- i have learned that time with my husband, without kids, is priceless
- i have learned how to take my time shopping when i am by myself and how to speed shop when i have the kids
- i have learned how to do just about everything with only one hand
i think the one thing i have learned the most though, or i should say grasped the most, since i have had kids, is how loved i really am by God. He allowed His son to be tortured for me. wow! i love a lot of people, but i can not say that i love anyone enough to let my little babies go through that for them. something to think about it.
Monday, February 12, 2007
- mcalister's deli (all though there are rumors we are getting one about 15 min away)
- night out with the love of my life that do not have to be planned a week or two in advance so you can have a babysitter
- being able to eat whatever i want, whenever i want, and not gain a pound (oh, wait, did i ever have that? hahaha ok, maybe when i was 5)
- drinking diet coke all the time (i am a water only chick now - well, ok i drink 1 diet coke a day - but those that know me, know that is big deal)
- lunch dates with kirsten v at beagle bagel or mcalister's deli
- beagle bagel
- my brain (johnathan took half and then tori took the other half)
- my blonde hair (yes, it is light brown now - thanks to revlon)
- my clothes i wore before johnathan (i want those back before the year is over - and i will get them!)
- my freshman and sophomore year of college (those were some fun times!)
- being able to watch whatever i want on tv whenever i want - johnathan has control of the tv now (except for thursday nights from 8-9)
- the days when i did not have so much responsibility - being grown up is not as fun as i thought it was when i was 10
- being able to sleep late every saturday (i do get to some, when lee loses the coin toss the night before)
- chbc - don't get me wrong i love the church i go to now, chbc will always hold a special place in my life - i grew up there
- being caught up on laundry (i don't think i will ever get that one back)
- friends that i have not seen in forever because i live so far away from everyone
- kyoto's fried rice and pink sauce
- being able to shop in peace (this is not possible with 2 kids - unless a babysitter is in the mix somehow)
i think the thing i miss the most today is the relationship i used to have with my sister. today is her 27th birthday and i can not tell her happy birthday. i love her more than she will ever know and i can't tell her. i still pray for the day that she will wake up and realize she needs Christ and that her children need a mom. i love you, crystal and happy birthday!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
lee and i also had a first for our relationship yesterday. when lee and i met we both each had a huge cd collection. he had his cds and i had mine. well, after almost 5 years of marriage, we decided it was time to combine the two collections and just have one collection. we had so many duplicates it was not funny. so, we are officially a one cd collection family now.
do you know how you do things out of habit and have no clue why? well, see today is sunday and out of habit i always take nap on sunday. not really because i am tired, but because that is what you do on sunday afternoon, or at least that is what my mom and dad always told me. thanks mom and dad! i am truly thankful that i had parents that believed in sunday afternoon naps, they are better than naps any other day of week!
Friday, February 09, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Well, since my last blog tons has happened in our family. Here it is in 4 sentences. I am a stay at home mom now and enjoying my job as a Creative Partner for Initials Inc. Lee is STILL in school, working full time, and scheduled to teach 2 classes at the seminary next Fall. Tori is 10 months old, has two teeth and the ability to move around the house as she pleases. Johnathan is still 3 (hahaha), full of energy, and so much fun to watch as he is learning things and words everyday.
Ok, well that is it for today. We shall see if I can keep this up or not.