Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Day To Mark Down In Skinkle Family History

Today is a special day for our family. It is a day that we will not too soon forget. It is a day that we have been waiting for and working towards for a while now. What is so special about today? Well, as of 10 am this morning, Professor's dissertation was copied and in the mail to the seminary! That's right! IT IS DONE!!!!! Officially, the dissertation work is OVER!!! There are only 2 more steps in this process. Professor will go to the seminary one more time, either in Feb or March, to present his dissertation and then we will all go in May to watch Professor graduate and put this school thing to rest.

I will say that as I stood there next Professor put his dissertation in the mail a bunch of emotions came over me. But, the one that stood out the most was the sense of pride that I had for him and the fact that he is my husband. He has worked so hard to see the day come and I am so excited for and proud of him. He has accomplished something huge by finishing this PhD. When he graduates in May, he will have completed the whole PhD process in only 4.5 years. Just so you know they allow 7 years.

Okay, I am done bragging. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome! So happy for you guys - what an incredible accomplishment! D is working on subitting his prospectus this week! *fingers crossed* Congrats again - hopefully we'll be able to see you in May!

Kearsmom said...

I can't believe I am just now seeing this, but Congratulations!!! That's awesome!