Friday, November 12, 2010

Just Obey Me!

One thing that I find myself a lot this days is saying, "Just obey me! Trust me you will be glad you did!" For some reason my kids just don't get it yet. One of them is beginning to get it, but the other one just doesn't care (and I am saying which is which because if you know us you know which one is which).

However, lately God has been showing me that in His own loving way He has the same problem with me. Sometimes He tells me what to do and I say "Why?" or I decide I am not going to do it His way and He says, "Just obey Me! Trust me you will be glad you did!"

The latest case of this was just this week. On Sunday my mom told me about a family that we knew who did have food. My first reaction was to be judgmental. I had a million reason why I personally should not help them. But, God said, "Just do it! I have blessed you and I have blessed you so you can bless others! Give them food out of your cabinets and other items you have "stocked up" on." Trust me, I asked why! And HE said, "Just do it! Just obey me!" So I did. I took out some grocery bags and filled them up with the extra He had blessed us with! I put things in there that we really enjoyed. Once I done and looked at everything I was able to give my heart was full of joy! I felt so peaceful inside and so thankful that I was able to help when God asked me to!

Now, I am not telling you this to toot my own horn or say look at me I am wonderful because I am doing this. I am telling you this, but I know many of you are like me. I just want to share what God reminded me of this week. When we obey HE blesses us! Now, my blessing came when I heard how wonderful our church was to this family and knowing that I was able to be a part of that.

Here is the other fun part to all this that God reminded me this week. When you give...HE blesses!! Sometimes it is just that inner joy of knowing that you have helped someone or been a part of something big and honestly if that is all He gives you....its enough! Trust me! But, sometimes, because He loves us so much, He gives us more. Sometimes its in the form of money or other things that happen. Well this week He chose to bless me more than I deserved! On Thursday (the day after I took the food for the family mentioned above), I had the best Kroger trip to date! I saved 72% on my groceries! Now, many of you that know me and know that I am learning to coupon might say that was just luck or coincidence. Maybe I just had better coupons or something. I am here to tell you that HE laid extra coupons all over the store for me! I can not explain it. I just kept finding coupons just laying around either that someone had left or that were in the dispensers next to items. He also allowed things to be on sale that I needed but thought I was going to have to buy full price. HE blessed me! HE blessed that trip!!

So, if you are struggling with obeying God, Just do it! Trust HIM! You will be glad you did!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The same thing happens to me, Amanda! As the words come out of MY mouth to my children, I hear God saying them to ME! Oftentimes.....it's not till then that the lightbulb goes on.