Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Dentist

So, I took the kids to the dentist today...for the FIRST time!!  And for another first....Wild Man was the difficult one.  He just does not like new things.  He hates the unknown!!  I guess this is my fault since I am just now taking him, and he is 8.  He didn't mind them cleaning his teeth or even poking at them.  What he hated was having his teeth x-rayed.  You know when they put those things in your mouth and make you bite down, but you feel like they are paper cutting the roof of your mouth....that's what he hated!  To be honest I don't blame him either.  However, he didn't have to be pain about it!  Seriously!!  I felt so bad for the little dental hygienist girl.  She was so sweet, but I could tell she was a little annoyed with his stubbornness, and really not happy when the dentist told her she needed another x-ray done on his teeth.  All in all, it wasn't too bad.  He has 2 cavities that we have to go back and have filled, but for never being to the dentist, I say that's good.  Princess T did fabulous!!  She was extremely cooperative and has NO cavities!!!

No comments: