Where we are:
We are still waiting. We know 100% God has called our family to grow through adoption. When has not been determined.
Things we feel God has made clear:
- We are called to adopt.
- We called to domestic adoption.
- We are not called to international adoption.
- We are to be open to whatever age/sex/race child God gives us, as long as they are the same age or younger than The Princess (which is currently 7).
- When it happens it will be fast/unexpected.
- Right now we are not supposed to go through an agency. (This does not mean we will not eventually, but God has not cleared us to begin paper work. We are beginning to think this means He may be calling us to be open to a private adoption.)
- Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean He has shut a door. Just when we get discouraged He puts someone in our path to encourage us. We met a family this past week that felt called to adopt for 8 years before God gave them a child. I also think about Abraham who waited for a long time before the child God promised was given.
- Our child is not born yet. (There are very few times I have heard God speak clearly to me and I know the other night when I could not sleep and was praying for our child He told me this!)
- We must be open to knowing the birth family and at least meeting them one time. Maybe even be a part of the birth process with a mom. (this is a definite calling, just God telling us to be open to this).
Things you can do for us:
- PRAY! Pray for the birth parents God will use and for the child He gives us. Pray for protection physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Pray for us that He will continue to guide us and make it clear exactly when and how He desires us to proceed.
- Talk about us! Please share these prayer requests with those you know. And, if you know someone who is thinking about adoption as an alternative to abortion please tell them about us! We are open to meeting with birth parents on a case by case situation. Also, if you have any connects whatsoever to any child who is in need of a home, please make us aware of it. We would prefer that your connection not know our name and where we live until we agree to meet or talk with them.
Thank you in advance for your prayers!