Thursday, June 14, 2007

Old Friends

I do not know why some things in life amaze me as much as they do. I know that I serve a powerful God and that anything is possible with Him, but I am still in awe of how He works in my life and the lives of others in my life.

Last night I ate supper with some dear friends of mine. Katie, Maggie and I we little girls together. We played house and sleeped over at each other's houses all the time (well exepect for scaredy cat me who couldn't finish a night until I was way old - hahaha). Our moms were friends and our dads were friends. Our brothers and sisters were also friends. Those days were wonderful days in our life.

Then as most people say...Life happened. We grew up. All went our own ways. Each one of us is totally different from the other. We all of our own way of doing things and living life.
What totally amazes me about this, is that last night we got together for the first time in a very long time. I have not seen Katie in 5 years and I have not seen Maggie in probably 10 years. And, we have not all been together in about 15 years. But, when we got together is was like old times. We had the best time catching up and talking about life and about all God has taught us, now that we are old.

I am in awe how God has protected our friendship through all these years. I am looking forward to many more years of hanging out with my old friends!

2 comments:

Kearsmom said...

Ha ha! When I first read the title to this post, I thought "I can't believe Manders is calling me OLD!" But then I saw it was about old friends as in "long time"! Glad you had fun!! Love you!

The Mom said...

I would NEVER call you old! We had a great time. It is amazing how well we get along even though we live in such totally different worlds.