Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Where is Manders?

This is the question most of you have been asking lately. Manders has not blogged at all in weeks and she is not commented on blogs like she used to.

I am here to tell you that I am still alive. The past few weeks have been super crazy at the Skinkle home. We have also, on top of all our normal activities, been spending tons of quality time, since the Prof has been out of school.

Since I have been gone a while, I thought you might like a little update...

The Prof has had a much needed break from school. He began classes again this past Monday. He will Monday and Wednesday for 5 weeks. After this, he will have a few more weeks of break and then the Fall semester will begin, which I don't even want to think about right now.

The Wild Man is becoming Wilder than ever. He is enjoying our, almost daily, visits to the pool. He was not so sure of the water the first time we went, but now when we go we can get him out. He has learned how to write a few letters and a couple of numbers. He actually enjoys sitting at the table and working in his workbooks.

The Little One now has 5 1/2 teeth. She is beginning to talk some. She can say, "Hey Daddy" "Night Night" and "Bye Bye". She mostly says, "Daddy". She is definitely a Daddy's girl. She wakes up from nap time looking at the front door saying, "Daddy Daddy Daddy". She has also enjoyed our pool trips. She loves lounging in her floaty. However, after about 20 minutes, she would prefer we just hold her. She is learning to color right now. She thinks she is so big holding the crayon and banging it on the paper.

I, Manders, am staying busier than I have been in a while. It seems like I never stop these days. In fact, today is the first day in a while that I have not had anything planned. It has been nice to just chill at the house. Next week I am doing something for the first time. I am driving both kids, by myself, to Mississippi for the week. I am not sure yet how I feel about this decision. You can ask me on Tuesday after I arrive in MS. Maybe the trip will inspire a blog post. I am also enjoying our trips to the pool. We have been going with another girl at the complex and her little boy. It gives me some adult time and sun at the same time.

Well, that is it for tonight. Maybe I can get my act together and beginning blogging more consistently.

8 comments:

southernutahgirl said...

We are so looking forward to your visit. Your mom needs some extra hugs from those babies. We will see you soon. We are praying for a safe trip.

Junebug said...

Hey!! You'll be fine driving!!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Junebug said...

Are you going to camp with us??!??!!?!

Well, at the very least, you can help us next week as we are getting ready, right?!

The Mom said...

no i am not going to be able to come to camp :-( i am so sad, because i really wanted to. oh well maybe next year we can plan better. i will definitely help with whatever i can next week! i am excited about seeing you guys!

Kearsmom said...

Tuesday in only FOUR days away!!! We definitely need some time together.

Also, Junebug was talkin' today about camp decorations and there was talk of stars and LIGHTS. As in CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. I told her she needed to talk to us about pointers on how to use Christmas lights for decoration. And I told her that no matter what, DO NOT put those lights in a black trash bag when she is done with them That kind of thing really upsets Kearsdad for some strange reason.

I can't wait to see you!

Junebug said...

I have NO IDEA why I didn't ask when that came up today...but I really need the scoop on the twinkle lights. What the heck happened??

The Mom said...

hahahaha....well, see kearsmom and i decided to decorate our vbs room with christmas tree lights. when we were cleaning up we just threw them in a bag and they were unloaded that way she took them home....this made the next christmas season a lot of fun for kearsdad. anyway...i guess you had to be there.

Kearsmom said...

We bought all new Christmas lights that year!