Thursday, June 06, 2013

Ms. Louis

It is has been a little over a month now since my grandma went to be with Jesus.  I miss her a lot and find myself thinking a lot about her and memories I had with her.  There is a tiny part of me that is scared if I don't think about them, and write them down, then I will forget them, and I don't want that to happen.  One of the main things I think about is the last month she was with us.  I recount those days over and over in my head.  They were some challenging, but very special days.  I learned a lot and grew a lot in my walk with the Lord. One of things God keeps bringing to my mind are all the people who truly blessed my family during that time.  Of course our church family was amazing and loved on us like God had called them.  However, the people I think of most are the people I don't see anymore.  The doctors, nurses, and volunteers that prayed with us and invested in my grandma's life.  One lady in particular that I think about a lot is Ms. Louis.  Ms. Louis works at the cancer center as the pastoral care person.  Her whole job is to pray for and with those who are battling cancer.  She hangs out in the waiting room and talks with those who are going through one of the toughest battles in their life.  She wasn't there every day that we were there, but as soon as we would come in on the days she was there, she came right over and sat down and loved on all of us, especially grandma.  I think one of my favorite memories was of her and grandma talking about memories they had of snow (they both grew up around snow and thought southerners were crazy drivers in the snow).  Every opportunity she had, she would pray with us also.  I don't think she realized how much she meant to us.  She was just doing what she loved to do and what God called her to do.  I remember her telling us about how God called her to what she is doing now.  She said no at first, but then God changed her heart.  I wonder what our experience would have been like if Ms. Louis had not been faithful.  I can't imagine those days without her.  I enjoyed the time we got with her, even though it was really only a few days each week for only two weeks.  I pray that I will be as obedient to God as I saw her model.  I pray that God will use me in someone's life like He used her in mine.  I wonder how different the world would be if we all loved with the love of God like Ms. Louis did.  Even, if we all just loved one person like that, WOW!  I believe God could change the world just like that. 

No comments: