Thursday, January 08, 2009

First Blog of the Year

Well it is official...I have not blogged since last year!! :-) Okay really, it has only been two months, but I could not resist with it being a new year and all. I could give all the excuses in the world about why I haven't blogged, but it all comes down to the fact that at the end of a day, when given the choice between bed and blogging, I cave. I choose bed. However, the Holidays are over and we are finally somewhat getting into a routine in our new house, so there is a great possibility that I will resume the frequent blogging.

Last year around this time I blogged about my hopes and dreams for 2008. I had no clue that my year would be as wonderful as it has been. I set some high goals for myself, and to be honest, didn't achieve any of them, but that is what 2009 is for, right?

2008 highlights:
  • Professor finished the course work for his PhD
  • We moved 3 times
  • We bought our first house
  • Wild Man started Pre-K and turned 5 (this was a hard birthday for me - not sure why)
  • Princess T's vocabulary went from nothing to everything almost over night
  • I promoted in my business from Partner to Leader (this is a great thing!)
  • Professor's sister got married - Professor performed the wedding, Wild Man was a ring bearer, and Princess T was a Flower Girl (who I ended up having to carry down the aisle because she fell asleep)
  • We were able to host Christmas Dinner at our new home and we had everyone - Professor's family and my family - it is possibly the best Christmas I have ever had.

What does 2009 hold for the Skinkle Family?

  • NO MOVING!!! For the first time in a long time I can honestly tell you we will not move this year. We will break our trend of moving once a year and stay here for a long time.
  • Wild Man will start Kindergarten and go to public school - this scares me out of my mind, but I know it will be great and he will love it!!
  • Princess T will be potty trained - "Diaper Free before Three!!"
  • I would love to promote to Senior Leader with my company (I am very close)
  • I would love to end 2009 wearing the same size clothes I wore when I met Lee
  • Professor is set to graduate December 2009

Okay, so here is to another year and hopefully more blogging. :-)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We miss you guys - but I know how wonderful it is to be where God wants you! Blessing in 2009!!!

Abby said...

YAY!!! So glad you are back! You have been missed!

The Mom said...

We miss you guys too, AME.

Abby, I am so glad to be back. I have missed keeping up with everyone's blog too. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Morgan said...

I've missed you! So glad you're back to blogging. We MUST do a better job of keeping in touch!! I'm with you on the weight loss...I want to be back to what I was before I had Brayden. We can do it!