Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just Being Honest

So, it is 2 am and I am wide awake. I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the 2 diet cokes I drank today (one being around supper time). I have not had much diet coke since I started my salt-free diet, so I am certain that 2 in one day totally messed up my sleep tonight.

But, at the same time I do have a lot on my mind, so that may be why I am awake. So, I have decided to share what it weighing on my mind, hoping that maybe once it is out in the open I can sleep.

As most of you know in October 2006 I felt a strong calling to be a full time mom. I was working full time at the time, Wild Man was 3 and Princess T was a baby. I loved my job (even though at times it was very stressful) and had been promised a promotion if I stayed on for a few more months. I also felt a huge obligation to be there, since the lady who hired me was now at this time extremely sick and given only months to live. For some reason she felt at peace about being at home when I was there, I guess because she knew I would take care of things the way she wanted me too. Anyway, I was given an assignment (by my boss' boss) to do some research and present it to the team at our next meeting. Wouldn't you know Princess T got sick the day of our meeting. I spent the morning at the Dr's office, praying that she was well enough to go to daycare when we were done, so I could be at the meeting. Sure enough she had an ear infection and no fever, so the Dr wrote a note saying she could go to daycare and off I went. Dropped her off, ran to my office, gathered all my notes, and headed to my meeting, where not only was I completely ignored, but when I tried reminding them I had the stuff they wanted, was told we could talk about it the next week. The rest of the meeting was blur. I remember looking around the table at all my co workers and coming to a very harsh realization. I was the only mom in the room. Not only that, but I was a mom who sent her daughter to daycare sick, so I could impress the people in the room. WOW!! As soon as the meeting was over I marched myself to Professors office and told him I was quitting. I had a reached a point where my job was more important than my family and I was done. So we decided as a family that I needed to be home. I went in the next day with my 2 weeks notice in hand and never looked back. I will tell you that is a decision I will never regret. And, it is one I never had to tell my boss, who counted on me so dearly. She passed away the next week.

Why is this weighing on my mind now...I am getting to that. I am now at a very difficult point in my life. When we moved to Jackson a year ago we knew money would be tight and we knew the decision would mean that I would have to contribute financial to the family again. However, we also knew this is where God wanted us and so we came trusting He would provide (and He has). My Initials Inc business at the time was doing GREAT. I mean I was making well over what we knew I was going to need to contribute and so we didn't think there would be a problem. We knew the first few months would be tight as I tried to rebuild my business here, but since it did so well and I knew I had family and friends here who would help me, I didn't see a problem. Boy, was I wrong. It is amazing how quickly people change the subject when I talk about Initials Inc. It is like I have a disease or something. Even, family. Don't get me wrong, I have still had steady business being here, but not enough to cover what I need to be contributing.

So, here is the deal...here is why I have so much on my mind. Unless, I can prove that Initials Inc is going to do as well as it did in Fort Worth again, I have to find another job. I do not want to find another job, because there is not another job that can offer me the benefit Initials Inc offers me and that is to be with my kids. So, I have to get serious about Initials Inc. Initials Inc can no longer be a hobby for me. It has to become my job so that I do not have to find another one. So, I am not going to apologize for talking about it. I am not going to apologize for posting things on Facebook about it. I am not going to apologize anymore. I love my job and I am going to fight to keep it. Here is where I am going to start....

I need your help. And, no I am not going to apologize for asking. Here is how you can help me....Host a party...plan and simple. I need ladies to open up their homes to their friends (it doesn't have to be a lot of friends - somewhere around 10) and feed them. I do the rest!! I need to holding and closing 8 parties a month. Right now I am only around 1-2. So I have my work cut out for me.

Should you choose to help me here is what I promise you....you and your friends will have fun. NO ONE will feel like they HAVE to buy anything. Everyone will leave saying "we should do this more often" and you will have a peace about it because you know while you are having fun you are also helping me stay where I want to stay...HOME!! If you don't want to host, but still want to help....then come find me I will give you a stack of my business cards and you can pass them out to everyone you know.

Thank you for reading this and thank you in advance for praying that I maintain job security once again and hopefully being a part of how God answers that prayer.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Don't ever feel like you have to apologize, because you don't. It is your job, you are passionate about it and it helps you serve your purpose as a mom. :) So shout it from the rooftops, I won't be complaining. I'm glad you love your job so much!

The Mom said...

thanks ashley!! i am just so nice, i don't want anyone to feel bad if they can't help, that i think i forgot that i still needed to make money :-) but i have learned my lesson and God is blessing my little business. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just found your blog again! Send me a link to your business...I couldn't find it!