Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lessons Learned This Week

This week has been a lesson learning week for me. I have learned a lot about myself, and I wanted to share the top 5 with you...enjoy!

1. I hate that my kids are growing up! I mean HATE! I am so glad that they are able to do more on their own now, but seriously they can stop growing. It is hurting my heart to watch them grow up so fast. Okay, I need to quit writing about this or will start crying.

2. I chew "Old People" Gum. You can thank BB for this, because apparently since I do she does too :) This issue has been corrected and I am no longer an "old peoples" gum chewer. Thanks Katrice for bringing this to my attention so it could be corrected. :)

3. I am way too OCD for garage sales. We are having a garage sale on Saturday (please stop by and say hey) and I am making it way too hard on myself. I know this fact, yet I can not keep myself from organizing everything!

4. I will do anything for Professor! You are thinking, "Shouldn't she know this already...I mean they have been married for 7.5 years". There are things I have refused to do in the past...those days are over. I spent 1.5 hours fixing an ice cream cake for him, because that is all he wanted for his 30th birthday. If I ever make this ice cream cake for you...then you are extremely special :)

5. School supply shopping is stressful! I LOVE school supply shopping, so you know I was very excited about taking Wild Man on this adventure for the first time. However, unclear (or I should say "unclear to me") lists made this event a little stressful. It was also stressful to realize that we are way too close to the day that I allow my baby to go to go somewhere all day long without me. At least, he will have the right school supplies, we hope.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe WildMan is school supply shopping!! AHH! Best of luck to him (and you ;)) as you start his exciting new adventure!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha! YOU "old people" gum chewer YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!