Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Countdown

I signed into my blog this afternoon knowing I needed to blog, mainly to stay in the habit of blogging every few days, but my mind is so tired I could not even begin to think of what to blog about. So, I read my past few blogs and looked at everything on the page and then it hit me (mainly because I saw the countdown on the side) WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 31 DAYS!!! I know that to most that seems like a long time and it probably will go by slow for me just because I am so ready to be there, but you have to understand it is a lot closer than we were yesterday! ;)

Seriously though, I am SO excited about going this year. I am glued to ebay trying to find the best deal on trading pins and I am constantly checking to make sure they have not updated or changed the park schedules any. I am also beginning to work on our packing list so that when it comes time we will be ready to get it all together and head out! I am ready!! :)

Today for Wild Man's creative writing (he will be doing this everyday - I give him a topic and he writes for 15 minutes - whatever he wants to write about that topic) I asked him to write about Disney World and what he will do and see at Disney World. Here is what he wrote (please keep in mind I do not help him spell, because this is really more about getting him to think about writing - he will learn how to spell at some point):

At Disney World...

I will ride the rides and see showes. It will be fun. I will ride rockin roller ckowsster and tower of tira.

Is that not the cutest thing ever??!! Well, I must be going...lot of pins ending soon on ebay....

3 comments:

Katie A. said...

I love it! It's so cute to see how kids spell things. I can't wait to hear all about your trip once you get back...it will be here before you know it!

Amanda said...

That's great! What curriculum are you using?

The Mom said...

we are using a mix of things

math = singapore math

science = bob jones/internet stuff i have found

history/geography = random workbooks/internet lessons

reading = internet lessons

spelling/vocab = explode the code

bible = some books i found on amazon - i am just doing my own thing

then he is also keeping a journal and doing some creative writing