Saturday, May 05, 2007

New Furniture

As you know, before we moved, we were in the process of looking for a new chair for our living room. The looking was put on hold while everything was up in the air with Apartment Life. However, as soon as we knew were moving the looking began again. Only this time, we decided to just get all new living room furniture. Lee and I have never bought really nice furniture for our living room, so this became a lot of fun! We looked for about 3 days and then made our decision. We went into the furniture store and told the guy we had been working with, "This is the one we want." He said "Okay, let me go check on when we can deliver it and I will be right back". When he came back he proceeded to tell us that the one we wanted was out of stock and they could not sell us the floor model. So, we were back to square one. We liked the guy who was helping us, so we decided to find something else in that store. He told us about one, that some how we had missed in the 2 days we lived there. How could we have missed it? I don't know! We saw it and fell in love! We knew right away it was the one for us! On Thursday of this week we received our new additions to the house and absolutely love them!!! I have to tell you that I feel like a big girl now. I have painted walls (I have always had only white walls, now I have Khaki walls), real carpet (the seminary used the industrial carpet, so it wasn't real), and new living room furniture!


The Loveseat


The Couch


10 comments:

southernutahgirl said...

New furniture it so fun

southernutahgirl said...

I love it

BB said...

what a blessing...good things DO come to those who wait!

and you two deserve it!!! gran will be so happy to see you have a new "divan."

hey, now it's time for those "no eating or drinking in the living room" rules!

i love you.

Kearsmom said...

Yea for you!! I'm so excited for you! It does feel "grown up" doesn't it?? VERY pretty new furniture, and I agree with your mom...NO eating or drinking. Trust me, it's a good thing.

And what's with Gran and the "Divan"??

The Mom said...

well kearsmom, gran calls couches "divans". to this day i do not know why...but that is what she calls them. hahaha you gotta love her!

also, the no eating or drinking has gone into effect! however, the great thing about real furniture is that make these awesome warranties! at the ashley homestore we could a pay little more and have a complete warranty on it. they will even take it back if we spill food on it! crazy, huh?! if you don't use the warranty in 5 years, then you get that money back...isn't that awesome??!!

Junebug said...

Hooray for new furniture!! It looks great from here. Maybe one day we'll drive over and not eat on it.

B's Blog said...

Hey! It looks great! Can't wait to try it out - if we can - in a few days.

Actually, "divan" is from greek. (arn't all words) It is also "divans" in latvian - so probably is the same in most european countries. Since gran is somewhat german (her grandparents came from there), this is why she calls the couch a divan.

The Mom said...

junebug, you are more than welcome to come see me anytime you want...and the no eating rule is just for kids. so, i will let you eat on my new couch.

b, thanks for the explaination of divan. also, i can not wait to see you!

The Mom said...

also, southernutahgirl, i love the new picture! and, new furniture is so much fun!

Carie said...

oooh, pretty! I think Gran must be a neat person and I think I will start calling my sofa "The Divan". Me - " Oh do come in, would you like to have a seat on my Divan? How about some sweet tea, Dahling?" Oh yes, I think this would work for me!