Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bulletin Boards

One thing I have never liked are bulletin boards. I do not mind looking at them, if they have been designed well, but I really dislike making them! This is something I do not get from my mom. She is an awesome bulletin board maker and she enjoys it! I personally do like being the one responsible for designing something that people are going to walk by and look at all the time. It is very nerve racking and that is why I dislike it so much!

This is the funny part, since I can remember I have always had a job where I was responsible for updating the bulletin board(s). Is God trying to tell me something? Or, punish me?

Anyway, as a CARES Team, we are responsible for the bulletin board in the Clubhouse. Yes, the bulletin board will not only be seen by every resident, but it will also be seen my anyone who decides they want information about Highland Park. PRESSURE!!! So, even though I very much dislike making bulletin boards, I found enough creativity to design this one......

5 comments:

Junebug said...

I say "Good for you, Manders!" Jump right in there and tackle something you don't enjoy. Looks good to me.

Also, and I'm just asking here, when is it that you saw your Mom do bulletin boards? Cause ever since I'VE known her, she paid someone else to do them. And by "someone" I mean ME.

:-)

The Mom said...

hahahaha! before you, she paid me!

i will tell you though when i was in 3rd grade, she volunteered to do all the bulletin boards for my teacher.

also, when she began to pay me to do it...she still had a say on what went on it!

so, don't let her fool you - she loves it!

Kearsmom said...

Hahaha at bb doin' bullitin boards. That is most definitely Junebug's job. But I do remember when it was your job.

I think you did a very nice job with your bulletin board. Just think of it as a giant scrapbook page!

Junebug said...

If I'm being honest (and I really should be, don't you think), it's been a long time since I did a bulletin board. Of course, we don't HAVE any where we are now, but back a few months ago when we were upstairs, SouthernUtahGirl did them. You know I DO have seniority over her. :-)

B's Blog said...

You go girl!! Congratulations on the move and the bulletin board! I do hope you have a great ice cream social!

D and I will be in your area on the 13th-15th. Want a couple of visitors on the 15th?

We will talk.

Love ya! B