Monday, March 26, 2012

Gonna Make A Shirt

So, on Friday, Wild Man was playing outside and in the process some how fell and landed in such a way that his knee hit his eye.  He has now been sporting a lovely black eye since and of course everyone wants to know about it (even random people in stores that don't know him), especially his friends and teachers at church.  By the end of the day yesterday he was so tired of people asking him what happened. He is definitely not like the Princess in that area.  He really gets somewhat tired of attention.  Anyway, by the end of the day he was really worn out from telling the story and he was telling Professor and I about his frustration.  These were his exact words (please imagine a 8 yr boy saying this as dramatically as possible)....

"I am so tired of people asking me about my eye!  I am gonna buy a shirt and get our neighbor (he said her name) to monogram on it - 'I hit my eye with my knee!  Please quit asking!'  AND I am gonna put it on the front and back so that everyone can see it, whether they are in front of me or behind me!"

I seriously laughed so hard!  I love his little mind.  And, I somewhat understand his frustration.  However as a mom I love that there are so many people who care about my Wild Man!

On a side note the funniest story we got was from a guy who was working at Hobby Lobby today....He said, "I got lots of black eyes when I was kid...AND I even got some in my 20s!" ......LOL!!!  Not sure I would be sharing that as openly as he was....LOL!!

No comments: