Friday, March 09, 2007

Don't Give Up

I consider myself I pretty tolerant person. There are very few things other people do that I let affect me. To some extent that may be a weakness, but other times I am very thankful that I am that way. However, there are some things that I am not very tolerant of at all. We will not get into my list today, but I am going to share one thing that I do not have much tolerance for. The issue came up at lunch today and so it got me thinking about it again.

I have a very low tolerance for people who commit to serving the Lord 100% and then quit when things get hard or when something happens that they do not like. For some reason, there is a mind set in ministry that says, " I have committed to God and so He will not let me go through anything that will hurt me or that is hard for me." THAT IS SO WRONG!! In fact, I firmly believe that when we commit to live our lives for Christ, we commit to having trials. We commit to things not being easy. We commit to having things in our lives that sometimes hurts. The reason being that when we commit to live the life God wants us to live, we immediately get put on Satan's hit list. I mean think about it. Why would Satan want to worry about people he already has under his control? Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on those who are doing things he does not want them to do? Makes sense to me.

I do believe that God blesses those in His will and I believe that He clearly promises to be there for us and give us the strength we need. He has been all of this to me at so many points in my life. He has given me exactly what I need when I need it, even if my opinion I do not think I need it or I thought I needed it at a different time. God is good.

So, if you are a follower of Christ and things seem impossible, DON'T GIVE UP! Know that God loves you and He is your strength. Let Him be that for you. Let Him control everything and understand that as a follower of Christ you are promised trials, but you are also promised so much more. DON'T GIVE UP when it gets hard.

7 comments:

Junebug said...

Oh yeah well. You know my opinion on this.

Very well said. You are wise for your years! :-)

The Mom said...

well thank you. i have had to deal with a lot more than most my age. sometimes i like that and sometimes i don't. it depends on the day.

btw, lunch was fun..we should do it again!

Anonymous said...

thank you for saying what we cannot. you are a breath of fresh air. I love having you here you are a blessing.

The Mom said...

you are so welcome! i am glad i can come more now that i am not working. it has been fun to have time with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT deserves an amen...even more than bb's comment about weirdness. Paul tells us to consider ourselves blessed when we face trials. And Jesus promises that we will face trials. I figure, if Satan's on the warpath, I must be doing something right.

Junebug said...

So I am thinking we all do lunch together one day next week since you are staying. Whatchall think??

The Mom said...

i am in.