Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Little Bit of Nothing

I found myself at the post office today mailing a package to one of my friends. While I was in line waiting for my turn, the little old lady behind me started talking to me. She started by asking me what I was mailing (a little nosey don't you think??). We continued talking some and I told her I was here in town visiting my parents. Then she said something that made me think. She said, " Well welcome to sin city". She must not get out much? I mean I know there is good bit of crime, but compared to other cities, I am not sure we can call it sin city yet. I listened to a few more stories from her, finished my business, and left. After I got in the car, the first thing I thought was, "Don't we all live in sin city?" I mean I would love to know the place where there is no sin. I would be the first to move in!

I had lunch with KV today. We had a great time, as always. We even ate somewhere other than McAlister's or Beagle Bagel. We talked about our families, and pretty much life in general. We even talked about some personal things in our lives that neither of us has told the other before. It amazes me to no end that we have been able to stay friends as long as we have. I mean we know just about everything about each other and yet we still love each other. In fourth grade we made a pact that if we were still friends when we got married we would be each other's Maid of Honor. She was my Maid of Honor when I was married and in August of this year I will be her Matron of Honor. Hard to believe. God has truly blessed our friendship.

The Professor is ready for Little One, Wild Man, and I to get home. I think mainly because he is getting tired of eating Spagetti O's, but I think he may also miss us some. He has enjoyed his freedom to venture to Half Price Books as often as he wants, and read without any interuptions. Read up Professor, we will be home before you know it! Enjoy the quiet while you can!

All in all I am enjoying my time in Jackson, as always!

9 comments:

Junebug said...

God is good to give us friendship...just another of His good gifts. I think its cool that you have had KV for so long.

Also, I love "the Professor." That is the best nickname ev-ah!

The Mom said...

I did not have to think long about that. The Professor was definitely the best name for him.

Yes, you are so right. God is very good to give us friends, especially like KV.

BB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BB said...

maybe if the proessor changed to vienna sausages and ravioli (not necessarily at the same time) you stay in jackson longer!

BB said...

oops! the f key on my computer has a problem....i know how to spell "professor!"

Junebug said...

Blame it on the f key, BB. Good one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah....bb is just getting ready to start campaigning for a new laptop....they f key is always the first to go. I'll be sure and warn the geek squad to watch out for her!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I LUV the new names!

The Mom said...

she does want a new computer, but i can be witness that the f key was not working last night. she was very frustrated.