Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Man of Many Talents

If you know the Professor, then you know that he is super smart. I mean he is beyond smart. I can not even begin to describe how smart he is. He is not just book smart. He can do just about anything he puts his mind to doing. When we first moved to seminary and were too poor for me to get my haircut, he looked online and learned how to cut hair. He did great job too! However, I did start going to get my haircut once we could afford it. Anyway, he just has this way of knowing how to do things.

A few months ago, we bought some material to recover our kitchen table chairs. I finally decided I wanted to recover them last night. I knew that I would need some help, so when the Professor got home from class we sat down to work on it. What happened next amazed me. The Professor just took over and did it all! How blessed am I??!! I am married to a man who knows how to recover chairs too! Wow! He did a great job. Take a look......


7 comments:

BB said...

way to go, prof! if i'd known about this hidden talent, i woulda bought some upolstery fabric when you lived with us!

manders, you are blessed! we will never give new fabric and scissors to your dad!

BB said...

hey, the fabric looks like the "no-spaghetti-stains-showing-up-here" kinda fabric. good choice!

Kearsmom said...

Very pretty! I am very impressed, Prof!! I agree on the "invisible stain" fabric choice.

Hmmm....maybe I should look around for some projects for Prof to do around my house next time he's in town!

The Mom said...

yeah, we liked the fabric for the no stain affect as well. i am telling you...he can do anything. he loves fixing stuff, so please put him to work when we are in town. :-) also, i think dad could it if he wanted to...but i am with you...let's not see if he can. i think he would be fine with that too. :-)

Brittany said...

I'm impressed with the man, but I'm also impressed with his wife-way to be an Encourager!

Junebug said...

That's what I'm saying!

We recovered and recovered our old DR chairs till they were an inch thicker...then bought new furniture. I think the first time we did it was a huge family affair. Little Bro & Jitterbug, Codependant and whatever we call her husband. And me & Funandone.

Oh...it's Golden Boy. Sorry, SUG.

Anyway, looks good. And I see that blue Rubbermaid tub in the 2nd picture! :-)

The Mom said...

hahaha, yes there is a tub in that picture. that is our "apartment life" tub. that way we have any easy way to transport stuff for events.

considering we have a 3 and 1 yr old, i doubt this will be the last time we recover those chairs.