Sunday, July 08, 2007

Wild Man's Week

So, this has been a week for Wild Man. He is has been a mess this whole week. It all started last Sunday when we started making him sleep in his room, with Little One. He has never slept well in the same room with Little One. We havn't really faught it either, because life has been crazy and it was just one more battle that we didn't have to fight. Now that Prof in break from school for a few weeks, we decided to tackle the battle. We had no clue how much "fun" it would be.

We made it through the first two night okay. The only issue was Little One and Wild Man talking for an hour or so before they went to sleep, but nothing major.

Tuesday night was when the real "fun" began. Wild Man figured out that he could really enjoy this bed time thing. The first time I went his room, he had turned his light back on and was reading. Okay, no big deal...I turned the light off and told him to go to sleep. However, the next time I went in he had gone into his bathroom and was making some sort of mixture with the bubble bath, soap, toothpaste, diaper cream, and my make up (which I might add took some climbing to get to). There was bubble bath all over the floor and door and all over Wild Man. Needless to say, I was not real happy...but all I could do was laugh. We cleaned everything up and he went back to bed. Prof and I were watching a movie, so we went back to the movie. Next thing we know, Wild Man has cracked his door open and giving us a puppet show with a stuffed rabbit from Little One's collection of stuffed animals. We laughed and then told him to go back to bed. Finally he went to sleep.

On Wednesday morning we all slept in, because Prof did not have to go to work. Normally, Wild Man comes to wake us up. However, he had other plans this morning. In fact, he found the pack of cookies Prof had bought the night before (which amazingly enough was unopened) and decided it would be best to let us sleep. At 8 am I woke up and turned on cartoons for him and told him to stay on that couch. I did not look at his room at all, because Little One was still asleep. I went back to bed. I dosed in and out making sure he was not into anything, but everytime I woke up he was where he needed to be. At 10 am Prof got up, because Little One was finally awake and he wanted to let me sleep in (isn't he so nice?!). Next thing I know he is saying, in a rather loud and urgent voice, "Amanda, you have to get up and come see this!" So, I hop up and run into the living room. He proceeds to tell me that he knows why Little One slept so long and that I should just go look in her bed. When I get to their room and look in the bed I could not believe my eyes. There was the pack of cookies! Only, it had been opened and about 80% of it had been eaten. The other 20% was all crumbs! The whole pack of cookies...GONE! At some point Wild Man had gotten up, gotten the pack of cookies, opened them, and then given them to Little One. What a mess! Wednesday was spent cleaning their bathroom and bed room, as you can imagine. I wish that I had taken pictures, but my mind was not even thinking about that in the moment.

The next few days were not so eventful. The only problem we had was convincing Wild Man that he can not get in bed with Little One. Her bed is not made for both of them. One of those nights I heard them in there just laughing and having the best time. I stuck my head in the door to tell Wild Man to get back in bed. His response was, "I am in bed!" He was right. He was in a bed...in Little One's bed with her! I mad him get out. The only other struggle we have had with this sleeping in his own room deal is that before he goes to sleep he puts on about 5 different outfits. We are still trying to figure out how to stop this.


Then on Saturday, the "fun" continued. Saturday morning we woke up about 9ish to the kids laughing and such. I went in the room to find Wild Man in bed with Little One and his basket of markers. Yes, the markers were in the bed too! So, you can imagine what I saw next. Here, imagine no more....take a look for yourself....



Let's just say, we are all very glad that he used his washable marker. He also drew a "T" on Little One's leg, but I did not get a picture of it, sorry.

I am sure that one day we will be glad we faught this battle now. But until then, we will be cleaning his room a lot more and most likely cleaning more messes. As a side note....Little One is not off the hook on this one. She starts most of the laughing and talking at night. She is really enjoying have someone else in the room with her at bed time. I do not even want to begin to think about what life will be like when she is not in a crib....life is fun!

4 comments:

B's Blog said...

HA! That's all I have to say. I know what you are going through and am glad that I am through it for the most part. J and j do the giggly thing at night - R is way past gone as soon as she hits the bed. I don't allow R to have markers in her room as j still loves to do body art and murals. Have fun and keep laughing! These times are passing oh so quickly. :-)

B's Blog said...

He is so cute. Don't you just love this age?

The Mom said...

awww b! i have missed you!

wild man is not allowed to have markers in his room either...in fact that makes the story even better!

i do love this age and i know it will pass too fast.....so i am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

B's Blog said...

I love the face. He did that without a mirror? Good job! Hehe.

I miss you too. I wish I could be there too. Have you seen the camp blog? www.5sinks.com/camp2007 Dennis will try to update it tonight. I love you!