Monday, July 02, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

If you watch or keep up with the news at all, then you know that we have been getting our fair share of rain, plus some, here in North Texas. We have not had one day where it did not rain in the last 2-3 weeks. Honestly, I am ready for it to change. I do not mind rain every once in a while, because I know that we need it. However, considering we have already well beyond our yearly average of rain, and it is only July 2, I think it is fair for me to say that I am ready for it to not rain for a while, and I have a feeling I am not the only one. We have not been affected by the flooding, but it is all over the news. People all around us are be affected by the amounts of rain we have been receiving. Last week alone, 6 children died, due to fast flowing water. There are people begin evacuated from their homes on a daily basis (not so much this week - but a lot last week). I do realize that there are bigger and more important issues in the world, but right now I would just like for the rain to go away. I would like to be able to go outside and have sunshine all day long! The kids are also due for some good swim time. Rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week here, but maybe next week it will go away....or maybe not.

4 comments:

Junebug said...

Yep. We saw lots of water when we were there last week. It was up to the sides of the interstate in some places. And it pretty much rained the whole time we were there. Not just rain...but pouring rain.

Hopefully, it will head on our way. It's rained a couple times here, but we still need it. Of course, I'd rather it NOT rain on Friday and Saturday cause we have the little camp. And I'd rather it not rain tomorrow night cause we are planning on going to the Braves game.

Kearsmom said...

That is way too much rain. And it is really sad for those who have lost homes, and for those children...

It has rained a little here, and we could use more. But I'm with Junebug on the No Rain Tomorrow...really wantin' to go to that game.

The Mom said...

I hope that the rain stays away from you guys for the game! I think pretty much the rain is dying after it hits us. Sad, huh? Do you think God is trying to tell North Texas something?

BB said...

The Kid at our house said, "I wish God would let it rain every day" Sunday after the church picnic got rained on. For him, it was part of the fun!

It's all about perspective! (Hey, maybe that's my next blog!)