Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Birthday!

When Wild Man woke up this morning I looked at him and said, "Guess what today is??!! He looked right back at me, got this really excited look on his face and said, "What?" I told him it was his birthday and he responded with, "No it's not! I already had my party." I think one day he will get it.

We had his well child appt this morning (which was great except for the 4 shots), did our normal lunch and afternoon routine, and then waited for Prof to get home from work, so we could get the real party on.

When Prof got home we let Wild Man pick where he wanted to eat. He picked CiCi's and we were very excited because we just knew he would pick McD's, like always. So we headed off to CiCi's.

While there several things happened that caught my attention and made me question the world we live in today.

There was a little hispanic lady that walked around taking everyone's dirty plates. She was really sweet and had a pretty smile. She very nicely asked me if I was done and then took my plate. She then moved to the next table and immediately began speaking Spanish. How did she know that guy spoke Spanish? Isn't that rude?? I mean what if he was an English speaking Hispanic? Those are just a few questions that flew through my mind.

Then, while I was processing that, I saw something that bothered me even more. Now, before I go any further, let me just tell you that I hate it when I see couples making out in public. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. I mean go home, get a room, or something. Don't do it at CiCi's. However, tonight it was not the fact that the couple was all over each other that bothered me so much. It was the fact that they were both girls! I mean can I not just eat pizza with my kids anymore? I could not focus on anything at all until they left. Thank goodness that they got theirs to go.

Then not long after they left the sweet little cleaning lady made me laugh. She worked so hard to clean off this table. I mean cups, napkins, plate, and everything. As soon as she started scooting her little cart off, the couple sitting there came back with their food. Bless her heart she started apologizing all over the place and then just looked at me and laughed. Why me? I don't know. I guess she knew I was nice. Anyway, the couple impressed me. Instead of getting mad, which most people do these days, they were nice and told her not to worry about it. Way to go! I am glad in the midst of chaos there are nice people.

Our night ended with a few fits being thrown, a spanking, a lot of tears, and then the opening of the presents.

I love Wild Man to pieces and I am glad today was his birthday, but I am also glad it is time for me to go to bed. Happy 4th Birthday Wild Man!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting experience, I must say! The world today is definitely a "different" place. But as you saw, there is good with the bad. Can't express how grateful I am to not have ever had to explain "one" of those situations to my kids when they were young! And so sorry that spankings were necessary! LOL I read your Mom's blog... sure was sweet!! Love to all... Aunt K

Kearsmom said...

Happy Birthday Wild Man! I can't believe you are already 4!!!