Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Our Little Patient

The Prof's parents brought the kids and I to Jackson on Monday. The reason for our trip this week is that my best friend is getting married on Saturday. I came in early so that I could help her do whatever she needed me to do and to help get her bridal luncheon together for Friday.

However, what happened yesterday was not in the plan at all. Little One woke up, as normal, refused to eat breakfast, which she has been doing for a few days, and then played with the boys for about an hour. Then she got sick. Before we knew it we found oursleves in the ER, with a very dehydrated Little One. After about 4 tries they finally got her IV started in her right foot. She had x-rays and a CT scan done as well (the CT Scan was because her eyes were doing weird things and they wanted to rule out an some sort of head issue).

After about 8 hours in the ER we were able to go home. She has been doing a lot better today, so hopefully the only events we will have this week will be those having to do with the wedding.

I will post hospital pictures soon. So check back later to see our little patient.

1 comment:

Kearsmom said...

Poor little one and poor Mommy! I am so sorry you had to spend your time here like that! I hope the rest of the week goes well, and I really hope I get to see you!