Thursday, January 10, 2008

A New Year

It is so hard to believe that it is already 2008. Christmas has come and gone at the Skinkle house. We have put away the decorations and are almost done finding places for all if our presents. Life is beginning to get back to normal.

2008 is going to be a big year at the Skinkle house. In May the Prof will finish his classes. This means there is a lot of light at the end of tunnel (which is getting closer everyday). Finishing classes will open the door for other options and so we have begun praying very diligently that God will make it clear to us what the next step is, even if it is to stay here.

As you know, I have been leading large group for the 5th and 6th graders at our church on Sunday morning. This month I will begin working at the church 2 days a week, while the kids are in mothers day out. This time will allow me to focus some attention to Sunday morning activities as well as other preteen activities at the church. I am super excited to be doing what I love again on a regular basis.

I have also made up my mind that 2008 will be year I loose all my baby weight. I have about 50 lbs to loose and I have decided I will not end 2008 saying I still need to loose it. I started Weight Watchers this week and have also started working out on a daily basis again. I look forward to posting pictures once I have reached my goal.

Wild Man will be starting kindergarten in August. This fact is already weighing very heavy on my mind, if you can not tell. Between now and then the prof and I have a lot to decide about Wild Man's schooling and we can not really do a whole lot until we know for sure where we will be in August. Wild Man is growing up way to fast!

I am sure that 2008 will also bring change for Little One, since she is in a growing mode right now. We are hoping that this change at least includes a bigger vocabulary, since right now she does not say a whole lot. We would also like to end 2008 diaper free. We will see how that goes.

I am going to work extra hard this year to keep my blog updated atleast weekly, if not daily. So, keep checking back as I share our 2008 with you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda... nice to see you back and blogging! LOL I wish you much success in your goals for 2008; it sounds like a year of big changes and growth for your family. That's what families do, despite how much we wish we could slow things down. Keep your "eyes on the prize" and you should come out just fine!! Love to all! Hey... any chance of y'all making the wedding in March? Would sure love to see all of you....

Junebug said...

Wow!! Lots of stuff, Manders. I can't wait to hear what God does in and through your family this year. Wouldn't it be great if He moved yall here?! Maybe I'll just pray in that direction! :-)

Also, we should be sharing preteen ideas. Seriously!

The Mom said...

thanks for the encouragement! it should be a fun year in the skinkle house. i am just glad that it will not be boring.

aunt kathy, we are still not sure about the wedding. if anything maybe the kids and i can come. we will see what we can do. i am excited for them and all of you, either way.

junebug, we definitely need to share preteen ideas. i am thinking (the key word being thinking) about trying to write my own stuff. i'll let you know if i do.

Kearsmom said...

I will be cheering you on. And I think I'll join Junebug in praying for HERE. Yeah...that sounds like a good idea to me.

I am still very sad we didn't get to spend more time together over Christmas.

You have a very exciting year ahead! I love you!