Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Skinkle Style

As always, my intentions were much better than I was. My plan was blog about Easter at the Skinkle house, yesterday. However, here I am at the end of today doing just that. Blogging about Easter at the Skinkle house.

I was very excited about Easter this year, because Wild Man is begining to learn about Holidays. This would be his first Easter that he might understand a little bit of what was going on. And, if he didn't, he would atleast have fun dying eggs and eating candy! Anyway, I had everything all planned out. We would dye eggs Saturday night. On Sunday we would get up and Wild Man would run downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny brought him. We would all get dressed up in our Easter attire and go to church. After church we enjoy some family time and let Wild Man hunt for the eggs he died the night before.

Yes, you guessed it! Our Easter weekend was not like that at all. it all started Saturday when we woke up to snow outside. None of it stuck, but it snowed all day Saturday. So, there went the cute Easter outfits. Then Saturday night Wild Man started running a very high fever. we managed to dye some eggs, but not a lot. On Sunday, Wild Man and Little One both woke up with fever. We did convince Wild Man to go down stairs and see what the Easter Bunny brought him. He really enjoyed that, but ended up going back to bed. The Prof stayed home with the kids, while I went to church (one of us had to go since we teach 4th grade Sunday School). When I came home from church, we watched movies and just did nothing all afternoon. Not at all what I had planned.

So, that was Easter Skinkle Style this year. I am very glad that the real meaning of Easter is not about dressing up and dying eggs. I pray that I never take forgranted what Easter is all about. He Is Risen!




2 comments:

Junebug said...

Cute pictures. Also, just like a kid to get sick on a day like Easter. JMatt threw up in the back seat on Valentines one year. Then LouLou threw up, too, becuase that was just what she did at that age. Anyhoo, what can you do??

I need to start using Slide instead of Rock You or whatever it is I use for slide shows. I like your "Slide" slide shows.

BB said...

your kids are blessed to have you and the prof for parents. even when they are sick, you are creating sweet memories for them.

sweet pictures of a sweet boy!