Tuesday, April 03, 2007

History

Have you ever seen the "This Day In History" flip calendars? For everyday there is something significant that happened in history that day. If I were a huge history buff I might buy that calendar. I am sure there a history teachers all over the world that have one those calendars. However, I personally have no desire to own one, at least not right now.

I do think it would be fun to make a family one. You know for everyday of the year have something significant about your family history. I have been thinking and I believe that if we all set down and really thought about, we could come up with something for everyday. I even think that if we thought hard enough, we could each have our own flip calendars, with things that personally happened to us. Some days would have fun memories and some would be not so fun. Some would be times in our life that we laughed and some would times we cried. Some would be about births and some about deaths. These are all things that make us who we are.

Take a few minutes and think about today. April 3rd. I am sure if you think hard enough you will think of something that happened on or around April 3rd sometime in your life. Please feel free to share.

I will go first. To be honest my April 3rd was just last year. April 3, 2006. On this day last year, 4 weeks away from my due date with Little One, I ended up in the hospital waiting for Little One to make her appearance.

2 comments:

BB said...

and she made a grand appearance, too, didn't she??!!! she was sooooo beautiful! it seems like yesterday....or maybe a long time ago! i can't imagine our world without her!

happy birthday, tori!!!

Junebug said...

I have spent alotta time, several minutes, in fact, trying to remember this time last year and I just cannot do it. Good grief, I have already forgotten last week.

However, I think your calendar idea is a really good one. I am gonna keep working on that!

Hope you are having a good day...haven't heard from you in awhile.