Friday, April 13, 2007

The Easy Bake Oven

The Prof and I have lived in 3 different apartments on the Seminary campus. All of them were different in many ways. They all had different carpet, tile, cabinets, and some even were painted a different color on the outside. However, there is one thing that was the same in all three. The Easy Bake Oven. Yes, I called it an Easy Bake Oven. To be honest, I have never in life seen an oven so small, before living in seminary housing. The Easy Bake is a lot of fun sometimes, like when it is time to clean. It is also very smart. It just decides on it's own what tempurature it should be and how fast it should cook. It keeps us on our toes that's for sure! We have learned a few things about the Easy Bake. One thing is that the eyes on the top will lay down perfectly. So, we quit trying and just let them do their own thing now. The other thing we learned is that the Easy Bake likes cooking faster than she is supposed to. So, now we have to subtract 5 minutes from whatever the instructions say and then just watch it until it is done. This makes cooking just loads of fun. The last thing we have learned is that big pizzas will not fit in the Easy Bake and neither will large cookie sheets (no matter how hard we try).

As much as I have learned to appreciate my Easy Bake, I will not miss her at all when we move!

3 comments:

Junebug said...

I am way behind in your blog. (oops)

So I cannot believe that after barely reaching the ONE YEAR MARK, yall are moving again!! Of course, you may end up with a bigger oven, so it could be a good thing. You never know!! :-)

The Mom said...

i know! we have to be completely moved in by the end of april!

oh and yes...there will be a stove and it will be regualr size...not another easy bake!

Kearsmom said...

That looks EXACTLY like the oven in my college apartment! And I just threw away some Easy Bake stuff. I could have sent it to you!