Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Move

You would think that because I have moved so much, that I would have this moving thing down. You would think that I had figured out how to do it in the best possible manner. However, it is quite the opposite.

I was not at all warned, at all by anyone, that moving with a 3 year old boy would be impossible! Wild Man thinks that every stack of stuff (and yes it probably really is just "stuff") is there for him to play with and spread out all over the place. In fact right now, as I type this, Wild Man is playing with the rope The Prof left out. Wild Man has decided that everything in the kitchen should be tied together and so that is what he is in the process of doing. The door, fridge, table, and chairs are all tied together. The funny part is Little One is right in the middle! So, like I said, Wild Man thinks everything is his to do with what he wants to.

Also, because we are moving so close, we have been taking things in shifts. So, we have some stuff there and some stuff here. It is quite confusing for some one who is as organized and scheduled as I am.

I am telling you this, to tell you that life is CRAZY right now in the Skinkle home. Nothing is where it belongs and there is not a schedule of any sorts right now. So, this will be the last post for a while. I promise as soon as things calm down I will post pics of the new place up. Of course I must take them first! :-)

5 comments:

Kearsmom said...

I know...I will send Kat and Banana to live with you and they can watch Little One and Wild Man while you move. You can get two more kids in that apartment can't you?

The Mom said...

oh sure! we can fit tons of people in our apartment! send them my way! :-)

Junebug said...

Seriously, I don't understand the tying up of the appliances.

Also, moving with kids cannot be a good thing. When we moved to this house, LouLou was almost a year. We left both kids with my mama.

The Mom said...

the tying of the appliances was very funny! he had a huge rope and just wrapped it around everything until it was all connected and poor little one was sitting in her chair right in the middle of the web. wild man does have a pretty wild imagination.

BB said...

hey what about sending your kids to junebug's mom while you move???? sounds like she has experience!

seriously, i wish we could fly them here to me!