Wednesday, February 14, 2007

my heart day

okay, so today is heart day 2007 and i wish i could tell you that i had a very unique day. but, actually it was not much different than any other day, other than i got a very nice card from my husband and the promise of a wonderful date night friday night (with no kids, yay!!). i started out my day get the kids ready to go to the gym with me (i had an appointment with my personal trainer). i got them all dressed and opened to door to find out that it was not just cold outside - it was the kind of cold that takes your breath away. well, i loaded the kids up, got them all settled in the car, got myself all settled in the car (you know put music on, warmed it up, etc) and we headed off to gym. i got the front row spot this morning, which was awesome! i unloaded the kids and checked them into the nursery. then i was off to work out. well, i walked in to find out that the personal trainer assigned to me was not there, due to snow (not sure where she lived - it wasn't fort worth). that was cool i would just do my own thing. so, i decided to hop on the elliptical for an hour and call it a day. well, the elliptical must not have liked me to much, because as soon as i began to get on, one of the pedals popped back and hit me right in the shin. no, i did not say any bad words, but i wanted to. it hurt! i did not let it get me down though. i had an awesome hour on that thing and then went and rescued the kids. i had lunch with a friend. while at lunch with my friend it snowed. however, it was the horrible kind of snow that is so pretty but won't stay around. it is only good if it sticks around long enough to play in it. oh well at least we had some snow! then, i played on my computer, while the kids napped. once the kids woke up and supper time rolled around lee and i decided that cici's would be an awesome place for heart day supper (this is what happens when you have kids, for those of you who do not have kids yet - something to look forward to. hahahaha). we figured that being the cold wednesday it was (and being heart day and all) that cici's would be empty. we were wrong! it was packed and very loud! we had some good pizza though! we got back into the car only for both kids to start crying. lee and i just looked at each other, smiled and said, "happy heart day". life with kids changes everything. well, both kids are in bed my heart day is coming to an end. i hope everyone had a wonderful heart day and i hope there are no boyfriends or husbands in trouble. i will let you know on friday if mine is or not. :-)

2 comments:

Junebug said...

I met my husband for a quick breakfast...that was all we had time for.

It sure is different these days. However, I am thankful for these days...I know they will not last long. They will be gone before I know it.

And, it was stinkin cold here, too. The kinda cold that makes you afraid to go outside.

Anonymous said...

I had dinner with my husband and 150 other people (mostly teenagers) in the Annex. We had spaghetti. It was good, when I got to sit down and eat it. But he took me out Friday night.