Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sick Day

Ok, so why is it that when the mom is sick life goes on? I mean seriously, if the husband is sick he gets to stay in bed. All he has to do is call his boss and say, "I am sick today and so I will not be coming into work", and then he has the wife to get him what he needs so that all he has to do is sleep all day. If the kids are sick, they also are treated special. They get food they normally wouldn't get (unless it's a stomach sick and then they get nothing) and they get to stay in bed and sleep or watch movies all day. However, if the mom is sick life goes on. I mean seriously there is no one to call and say, " I am sick and I will not be able to work today." And even if there were someone, there were no sick days alotted to us when we signed up for the job. Oh no! That would be too easy. The mom has to still get up and do everything she normally does. The only time this rule does not apply is if the mom is about to die or in the hospital. Where is the fairness in that? It makes the mom want to be the kid again so that her mom can take care of her. Even if her mom is sick too. :-) So, if you have been a mom or are a mom right now, please explain this mystery to me. Well, this sick mom is going on with life.

No comments: