Sunday, February 11, 2007

life

have you ever seen the movie "the incredibles"? well, in the movie there is a scene where the mom calls the dad at work, while she bathing the baby (great multitasker, like most moms), to tell him that is official. they are finally moved in. the dad then makes a remark about how they have already lived there for a while and the mom clarifies that it is official because they have unpacked the last box. well, it is official. we are now completely moved into our town home. yes, after almost a year, lee and i have finally gotten things completely organized and where we want it. you see normally by the time we figure out things are not working in the apartment we are in, we move. but, since we are not moving again for long time, we have decided to completely settle. empty the last box in other words.

lee and i also had a first for our relationship yesterday. when lee and i met we both each had a huge cd collection. he had his cds and i had mine. well, after almost 5 years of marriage, we decided it was time to combine the two collections and just have one collection. we had so many duplicates it was not funny. so, we are officially a one cd collection family now.

do you know how you do things out of habit and have no clue why? well, see today is sunday and out of habit i always take nap on sunday. not really because i am tired, but because that is what you do on sunday afternoon, or at least that is what my mom and dad always told me. thanks mom and dad! i am truly thankful that i had parents that believed in sunday afternoon naps, they are better than naps any other day of week!

2 comments:

Junebug said...

Ok, so the whole CD thingy is cracking me up!!! However, I was a little of the same mindset when I married my husband. He, on the other hand, insisted we combine everything.

Also, Sunday afternoon naps are certainly heavenly! I hated them when I was young (and my parents INSISTED that I take them), but I crave them now that I am old. And some Sundays I even put on my pajamas and get back under the covers. Those are the best!!

Anonymous said...

i put on my pj's today....but no nap for me! instead i got to watch 90 minutes of pink panther cartoon clips with 3 preschoolers! i compensated by putting on my pj's and putting my pillow on the couch. it was not the same! i believe that the Hebrew word for "rest" really should be translated "nap" in English!!! the whole week is better with a sunday afternoon nap!

oh, and you're welcome! mom:):):)