Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Imagination Land

Okay, so I have heard that if a child has a wonderful imagination that means they are going to be really smart. Well, I think we might have a genius on our hands. Johnathan lives in Imagination Land. Very rarely does he exist in our world. As a result we must live in this world occasionally, and I have to be honest sometimes it scares me. Most of the time though it just makes me laugh. The funniest thing to me though are the conversations that Johnathan can have with us while in his little land. The conversation I am going to share with you was one we had in the car on the way to the gym this morning. It started off great (in reality) and then, well...read it for yourself. You will see what I am talking about.

Johnathan: Is Christmas coming?
Me: Well, no, christmas will not be here for a while. But, Tori's birthday is coming in April.
Johnathan: Oh. And then it is my birthday?
Me: Yes, your birthday will come in August, after sister's birthday.
Johnathan: Oh, then I will be the baby?
Me: No, Johnathan sister will always be the baby. She will always be younger than you and you will always be older than her.
Johnathan (after a little thought): Oh, and then one day I will be older than you?
Me (thinking, "wow, we are having a wonderful conversation): Well, no Johnathan. See, I will always be older than you and you will always be older then sister and daddy will always be older than me. But, one day you can be my age, I will just be older too.
Johnathan: Oh, and then you will be a tree?
Me: What? Did you just say I am going to be a tree?
Johnathan: Yes! You will be the monkey in the tree.
Me: Oh! Wow. So I get to be the monkey in the tree?
Johnathan: Yes. And, you will will eat bananas.
Me (giving up on the whole thing): Oh ok.

He went on to tell me that he was going to be a girl when he was older (we are still working on the fact that he can never be a girl) and that our house was ugly because we have a cow living in it.

As much as I want him to get to the point where we can have "normal" conversations, I am loving the conversations we have right now, even if they are extremely off the wall. Johnathan brings one of the biggests blessings to our home...laughter!

7 comments:

BB said...

he sounds just like the girl i once knew who couldn't go to bed because "the kids had not all been picked up!" or the one who convinced several people that she had a baby sister at home. or the one who told her baby sitter (at age 3) that the pajamas she wore that morning were all the clothes she had left in the world because her house had burned down overnight.

oh yeah, all those were the same girl - YOU!

like mother, like son! you both make me laugh!

and i love you both!!!

The Mom said...

Bless his heart. I guess he does come by it naturally.

We both love you too!

Junebug said...

That is stinkin hilarious!!! I especially like the part about being a tree. That just made me laugh out loud!

You gotta write that stuff down, girlfriend!

The Mom said...

believe me this stories will be kept forever. just like bb has kept all mine. i will most defintely fallow in moms footsteps and pull them out when he has kids and writes blogs about how silly they are.

The Mom said...

maybe i should also "follow" in her footsteps and learn how to spell.

Junebug said...

Yeah, you shuold realy do that. Laern how two spall, I meen.

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute!!! I laughed out loud too! I like the part about eating the bananas!