Tuesday, February 13, 2007

things i have learned

being a mom is one the most challenging, yet most rewarding thing i have ever done. i love being a mom (most days) and on a good day take my job very seriously. i have a wonderful mom to learn from and for the most part being mom was a natural thing for me. i mean i have always wanted kids (even if they came sooner than i had planned) and i have always pictured my life being like this. but, there are some things that i have learned since i have become a mom that no one can teach you. well, they can try, but you can not really learn them until you are a mom. so, here are some things i have learned, in no particular order.

  • i have learned how to carry about 10 bags, 3 cups, my purse, and baby all in one trip
  • i have learned where everything is in walmart to insure that i do not have to stay there long when there with both kids
  • i have learned how to have a conversation with someone on the phone while both kids are crying
  • i have learned how to take a 5 minute shower when i do not have time and how to take an hour shower when i need some alone time
  • i have learned how to truly enjoy the a quiet house
  • i have learned how to be a apart of johnathan's pretend world, even when i don't want to be.
  • i have learned that babysitters are the best thing in the whole world
  • i have learned that kids are the most wonderful blessing i could ever have
  • i have learned that time goes by way to fast
  • i have learned how to say, "it seems like yesterday..." like a real grown up
  • i have learned things that used to take me 10 minutes to do now take an hour
  • i have learned why my mom made do chores when i was little - and btw i still hate it!
  • i have learned that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday really is a good thing
  • i have learned that if the weather is not good for outside playtime, it is going to be a bad day
  • i have learned that time with my husband, without kids, is priceless
  • i have learned how to take my time shopping when i am by myself and how to speed shop when i have the kids
  • i have learned how to do just about everything with only one hand

i think the one thing i have learned the most though, or i should say grasped the most, since i have had kids, is how loved i really am by God. He allowed His son to be tortured for me. wow! i love a lot of people, but i can not say that i love anyone enough to let my little babies go through that for them. something to think about it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have learned that one about how wonderful babysitters are...now you understand part of why I love you so much! I love you for LOTS of reasons, but that is one of them!